Aguascalientes mountain adventure GPX Route
Explore the mountains north of Aguascalientes a bit and discover some steep cliffs, canyons and amazing rock formations.
Explore the mountains north of Aguascalientes a bit and discover some steep cliffs, canyons and amazing rock formations. Drive past artificial lakes and possibly visit the “Cristo de Rota” pilgrim (ish) site. At this attraction the local population exhibits a damaged statue of christ. According to Wikipedia the statue comes from one of the largest cathedrals in Mexico.
Note: I went on this adventure for the scenic views and found the ‘Cristo de Rota’ site and waterworks (A small dam-like structure with arches) along the way. The Cristo de Rota site was closed when I was there. And so was the destination nature park. At the nature park I stood on the edge of the canyon and got some nice pictures. So entry is sort of optional. It looks like a nice place to enter and wander around in though.
And yes, I rode back to my hotel through heavy rain (See pictures) 🤨
Where: Central Mexico
Distance: 132km / 82miles
Fuel availability: Average, fuel up before leaving the city.
Road Conditions: Mostly paved, good condition.
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: No
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago by .
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question in the GPX usage questions forum.