Bacalar roadtrip GPX Route
An exciting adventure taking you from Cancun to Bacalar to explore the Bacalar area in a few days and heading back through the remote parts of Quintana Roo!
Explore the blue waters of Bacalar. Get some peace and quiet in a small, but touristic, town in Quintana Roo. Sounds good? Head on over on this adventure from Cancun to Bacalar and escape the busy city for a few days on this excellent adventure.
From Cancun to Bacalar it’ll be an easy and fairly quick ride over highways.
On the way back from Bacalar to Cancun you’ll have the opportunity to explore rural Quintana Roo, paralleling the highway on smaller and some unpaved roads and be reminded of simpler times passing through developing small towns.
Related to this adventure are 2 great day trips that take you to various ancient Mayan settlements. Places where the common Cancun tourist probably never comes. This gives you a great opportunity to soak up some culture others don’t get to see and create memories/pictures others won’t have.
This trip is best done over a weekend or a few days so you can explore the surrounding areas and historic sites linked below.
A special caution in regards to the map accuracy. Some maps show roads where they don’t exist or show them in the wrong spot. Locations marked and commented in the POI. Check out the POI file beforehand so you now what to expect.
Where: Eastern Mexico
Distance: 341km + 444km / 211 + 275miles
Fuel availability: Good on highways. Bad in the remote bits, no premium fuel in most areas.
Road Conditions: Mostly paved, good condition. One stretch unpaved.
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: Yes
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago by .
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question in the GPX usage questions forum.