Cancun spider monkey adventure GPX Route
Head on over into the jungle near the famous Coba ruins to find spider monkeys in the wild.
Head into the jungle near the famous Coba ruins to find spider monkeys in the wild. There is a forested area near a lagoon that houses several troops of the quirky Spider monkey. Along the way, stop buy a covered cenote for a swim, or just some pictures. In the right light it looks magical and enchanted. And if you like Kayaking, there is a stop for that too.
However, the main highlight of the trip is of-course finding the Spider monkeys in the woods. You can go with or without a guide. Guides cost about 400MXN and they’ll spot the monkeys for you. But we didn’t do that as we wanted to go at our own pace. Sauntering over the narrow jungle paths for about 30 minutes we hit the jackpot and found 2 large groups of moneys in the tree tops.
When heading out from the monkey area head on down the road to Coba village for lunch or some food I’ve marked 2 restaurants in the POI file that I can recommend. Before heading back to Cancun via Tulum and Puerto Morelos.
I’ve also marked several fuel stations that have premium fuel along the route.
Where: Central Mexico
Distance: 310km / 192miles
Fuel availability: Average, no premium fuel between Cancun and Tulum, fuel up before leaving the city.
Road Conditions: Mostly paved, good condition.
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: No
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 months, 3 weeks ago by .
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question in the GPX usage questions forum.