Canyon del Sumidero adventure GPX route
Stand on top of the amazing Canyon del Sumidero and go on a boat ride through the famous canyon to lake Chicoasen.
From our understanding the boat tour is the most popular with most people. Which lets you see the canyon from below and inside. But how about standing on top of it? Go where many tourists don’t go and visit the top of Canyon Sumidero. Head into the mountains and visit the 5 amazing viewpoints before heading back down and doing the boat tour to journey the length of the canyon to lake Chicoasen.
Read a bit more about this trip in a 2 part blog article: Mexico’s Canyon del Sumidero is a grand adventure!
Where: Southern Mexico
Distance: 65km / 41miles
Fuel availability: Good
Road Conditions: Paved, good condition.
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: Yes, entrance gate
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 months, 1 week ago by .
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question in the GPX usage questions forum.