Cuernavaca to Mexico City GPX Route
Take the short ride from Cuernavaca north, over the beautiful mountains south of Mexico City to the intense hustle and bustle of Mexico’s capital.
Head into one of the biggest cities in the world, Mexico City, from the south. This short ride from Cuernavaca has you cross a few mountains to suddenly thrust you into the hustle and bustle of Mexico’s enormous capital.
The mountain road is nice. It’s a quick flowing twisting 2 lane highway which can be busy in a few corners.
Most of the mountains are covered with beautiful green forest and you can have the occasional view over a valley or lower bit which is nice.
Riding through the city was a blast, and fairly easy even though it was the first time for us riding in a huge city like this.
The route unfortunately leads to the Fiesta Inn Buenavista hotel. Which was a nightmare to check in to with our motorcycles.
Their parking manager wouldn’t let us into their parking garage. The security guys wouldn’t let us into other parking spaces. And after a frustrating 3 hours of arguing, angry demands to let us in, pointless discussion and other time wasting we ended up with street parking. For no good reason other than what amounted to “we don’t like you parking in our garage”. The rooms were in a state too, don’t even get me started about that.
Absolutely will not get an endorsement from me and had it not been a pre-paid reservation via Booking.com I’d go someplace else.
If possible, stay in a different place.
Where: Central Mexico
Distance: 83km / 52miles
Fuel availability: Good
Road Conditions: Paved, good condition.
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: No
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- Not sure if routes work for you? Try before you buy - Download the Mexico test route or Philippines test route here.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question via the Contact form.