Hermosillo to Puerto Penasco GPX Route
Quick stretches of road from Hermosillo to Santa Ana and through the Sonora desert to Puerto Penasco.
Due to security concerns we stay on the toll-road for the first stretch, heading further north from Hermosillo towards Santa Ana. Here we leave the toll road heading west towards Puerto Penasco.
This is another high speed track that allows for a quick pace. Drive through a nice but monotonous landscape into an arid and desert area.
Dust clouds appear to be common on the 2nd half of the trip which was exciting the first few times we encountered one. But also pose a risk as visibility can be limited.
Where: Northern Mexico
Distance: 451km / 280miles
Fuel availability: Bad, fuel up near Santa Ana for the final stretch.
Road Conditions: Good
Toll Roads: Yes
Government checkpoints: Yes
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- Not sure if routes work for you? Try before you buy - Download the Mexico test route or Philippines test route here.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question via the Contact form.