Iloilo City to Roxas GPX Route
Go across Panay Island, away from Iloilo towards Aklan and Boracay.
Leave Iloilo City behind and cross the island of Panay towards Aklan and Boracay Island. Where another ferry awaits you to take you to Mindoro Island.
Follow the coast of Panay and enjoy many scenic views of both the sea and mountains.
This segment is a bit odd as every time I passed here the boat was just ready to go so I never needed a hotel in Aklan. So I can’t recommend any places to stay. Going the other way I was held up every time and needed hotels in most cases to bridge the hopeless wait for a boat.
However, if you get held up here… Boracay is right across the strait. Boracay is famous for its beach and party atmosphere with lots of hotels and tourism. From my understanding private vehicles are not allowed on Boracay if you don’t live there. So you’ll have to find parking in Aklan. There should be several guarded lots.
Note: You’ll have several choices of boat here. I always recommend Fastcat if that’s available. They have the nicest and fastest boats for very similar prices as the competition. Starlite ferries is quite good too.
However, the catch in this crossing is that Fastcat doesn’t go to Roxas directly. Meaning that if you use them, you’re looking at an extra hour or two driving from Bulalacao to Roxas to continue on the next segment to Puerto Galera. Overall this doesn’t really matter though, but just so you know.
Both Starlite and Montenegro lines go to Roxas Port directly.
Where: Negros Island, Philippines
Distance: 396km / 246miles
Fuel availability: Good.
Road Conditions: Good.
Toll Roads: No
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 months, 1 week ago by .
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question in the GPX usage questions forum.