Merida – Uxmal – Mayapan Roadtrip GPX Route
Dive into the history of the Mayas on this excellent adventure from Merida to the Uxmal ruins and Mayapan ruins.
Go back in time and explore the great ruins of Uxmal and Mayapan on this day tour trough Yucatan. Start in Merida and the first stop is in Uxmal, which has a grand pyramid and intact plazas where you can wander around. Followed by a ride through rural Yucatan with lunch on a hilltop restaurant.
Aptly named Mirador this restaurant has local food on the menu and is very affordable.
Even if you skip eating here, grabbing a drink and enjoying the view for a bit is just nice.
From the restaurant you’ll head into the woods following smaller roads towards Mayapan. While certainly less impressive. Mayapan is another large settlement from the Mayans. The highlight here is a high pyramid and a round structure believed to be used for stargazing.
On the way back follow smaller and less travelled roads through the rural part of Yucatan with fast flowing narrow roads, farmlands and lots of forested areas. Stop by an abandoned Spanish Hacienda for some more modern ruins. All locations are marked in your POI file.
You’ll need about 2-3 hours for the Uxmal ruins and another 1-2 hours for the Mayapan ruins + Travel and lunch time. Plan accordingly.
We left between 8 and 9am and got back to Merida just before dark.
Where: Yucatan, Mexico
Distance: 214km / 133miles
Fuel availability: Average, fuel up before leaving Merida.
Road Conditions: Good.
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: No
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago by .
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question in the GPX usage questions forum.