Oxtankah ruins roadtrip GPX Route
An adventure exploring ancient Mayan ruins in southern Quintana Roo. Ride through the city of Chetumal to find the great ruins of Oxtankah.
Like exploring ancient Mayan ruins, this is your chance. Visit the settlement of Oxtankah near Chetumal and explore what the Mayans were up to 500 years ago.
This historic site was also visited by the Spanish who tried to build a church there.
Oxtankah is a medium sized settlement with many ruins and artifacts to see. Not many of Cancuns tourism goes here. So your adventure will be extra special.
There is no onsite restaurant or shop – Bring your own refreshments.
Where: Eastern Mexico
Distance: 108km / 67miles
Fuel availability: Good
Road Conditions: Mostly paved, good condition.
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: Yes
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
You may also like…
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- Not sure if routes work for you? Try before you buy - Download the Mexico test route or Philippines test route here.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question via the Contact form.