Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca de Juarez GPX Route
An exciting ride from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca de Juarez through high mountain ranges and arid landscapes.
Leave the beaches of Puerto Escondido behind and traverse right through the middle of Oaxaca state towards the Capital Oaxaca de Juarez, Or Oaxaca for short.
Ride along the coast to Pochutla and turn left onto the highway northeast which leads through a mountain range and embark on the twisties which last for over 120 kilometers. Rising up to almost 4000 meters above sea-level.On the other side you come out onto arid plains leading to Oaxaca de Juarez.
Caution: The high altitude stretches may be covered in heavy fog. We drove about 40-60km with zero visibility on the higher elevation parts solely relying on GPS directions. I’ve marked the approximate location where we ran into this on the POI map.
Originally we had a different track in mind, but the roads were impassable due to landslides. Check out track t032 if you want to give it a go.
Where: Central Mexico
Distance: 310km / 192miles
Fuel availability: Average, fuel up before going into the mountains.
Road Conditions: Paved, good condition.
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: Yes
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 months, 2 weeks ago by .
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question in the GPX usage questions forum.