Puerto Penasco to San Felipe GPX Route
A casual, scenic and isolated track through the Sonora desert heading into Baja California all the way to San Felipe.
Drive through the Colorado River peninsula coming close to the USA border. Pass through lots of farm towns on your way to Baja California and head south to San Felipe.
A casual and scenic track through the Sonora desert, Colorado river peninsula and heaps of fertile farm lands, and finally through the arid and rough landscape of Baja California.
Watch out for sand dunes (partially) covering the road.
Where: Northern Mexico
Distance: 412km / 256miles
Fuel availability: Bad, fuel options marked on POI.
Road Conditions: Good
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: Yes
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- Not sure if routes work for you? Try before you buy - Download the Mexico test route or Philippines test route here.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question via the Contact form.