Salina Cruz to Puerto Escondido GPX Route
Drive along the coast from Salina Cruz to the famous beaches of Puerto Escondido.
Follow the coastal areas of Oaxaca from Salina Cruz to the touristy beach town of Puerto Escondido.
A long highway loosely following the coast once you get past the mountain range near Salina Cruz.
Salina Cruz is a touristic town full of young tourists. Many go there to surf. The beaches are large and golden brown. Which we really liked.
Along the cliff lined coast you’ll find a bunch of smaller bays and coves where you can either swim or surf and the beaches there are usually lined with restaurants where you can grab a beach chair and cold drinks.
In the POI you’ll find the hotel/posada we stayed in for a few nights. It was terrible in many ways – I’d recommend finding a different place to stay.
Where: Southern Mexico
Distance: 266km / 165miles
Fuel availability: Average
Road Conditions: Paved, good condition.
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: No
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- Not sure if routes work for you? Try before you buy - Download the Mexico test route or Philippines test route here.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question via the Contact form.