San Cristobal de las Casas mountain adventure GPX Route
Enjoy 100 kilometers of twisting roads on this adventure along narrow roads going up and down mountains and explore the mountains of Chiapas for a fun day out.
Almost a 100 kilometers of twisting roads? Ride along narrow roads going up and down mountains? Explore a nature park with huge caves and ziplines? Yes please!
Explore the mountainous of Chiapas on this exhilarating ride east of Cristobal de las Casas and enjoy sweeping valley views. Drive through one of the poorest regions of Mexico where tradition is not lost on people just yet. Small towns filled with traditionally dressed locals and historic buildings to remind us of simpler times.
Just outside Cristobal de las Casas we visited ‘El Arcotete – Parque Ecoturistico’ which is an excellent area for some nature exploring. Go on a short walk or hike and follow the creek. Climb rocks and into a small cave system above it or fly over all of it on their zipline.
A second park nearby supposedly has huge caves to walk through and do some more spelunking – But it was closed due to the Chinese plague.
Where: Southern Mexico
Distance: 125km / 78miles
Fuel availability: Bad, fuel up before leaving the city.
Road Conditions: Mostly paved, good condition. Some stretches of gravel as marked on POI.
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: No
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago by .
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question in the GPX usage questions forum.