San Cristobal de las Casas to Tuxtla Gutierrez GPX Route
A short-ish track further into Chiapas going from San Cristobal de las Casas to Tuxtla Gutierrez through fog and past waterfall.
A short-ish ride from San Cristobal de las Casas to Tuxtla Gutierrez. Follow the twisting road which somewhat parallels the nearby toll road.
On the first half of the route you can expect heavy fog where visibility is often limited to less than 3 meters.
Also make sure to stop at the impressive waterfall called ‘Cascada el Chorreadero’. This excellent ravine has water pouring out of a mountainside cave.
Where: Southern Mexico
Distance: 87km / 54miles
Fuel availability: Good
Road Conditions: Paved, good condition
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: Yes
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
You may also like…
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- Not sure if routes work for you? Try before you buy - Download the Mexico test route or Philippines test route here.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question via the Contact form.