Sipalay roadtrip GPX Route
A nice getaway from Dumaguete is Sipalay. Go on this multi-day adventure around southern Negros Island for some R&R.
An excellent road trip for a few days away from Dumaguete. Visit the sleepy town of Sipalay and treat yourself to some peace and quiet.
Sipalay itself doesn’t have much on offer, but if you like to see a bit of rural Philippines and explore some local foods, markets and enjoy beaches this is a excellent place to visit for a few days.
In the town you’ll find all the basics as well as a traditional public market. The town is right on the beach, nestled between 2 rivers.
Nearby you’ll find the Sinangon Dagat park. This is a bit of a tourist attraction with its hills rising up from the water. And of-course there is the ‘famed’ Sugar beach, with its golden brown sand – Akin to brown sugar.
This trip is best done over a weekend or a few days so you can explore the surrounding areas and enjoy the golden beaches.
Heading back to Dumaguete you’ll continue towards a small city called Kabankalan and then through the mountains back to Dumaguete.
Where: Negros Island, the Philippines
Distance: 216 + 183km / 134 + 113miles
Fuel availability: Good.
Road Conditions: Good.
Toll Roads: No
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- Not sure if routes work for you? Try before you buy - Download the Mexico test route or Philippines test route here.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question via the Contact form.