Villahermosa to San Cristobal de las Casas GPX Route
A glimpse into Mexico’s history and lots of stunning views along the mountainous route from Villahermosa to San Cristobal de las Casas.
Cross the mountains south of Villahermosa towards Chiapas, to end up in beautiful San Cristobal de las Casas.
A beautiful road twisting along mountain sides, cliffs and rivers. Pass through numerous small towns and villages and get the first taste of ‘classic’ Mexico as it was a 100 years ago with lots of locals dressing in traditional outfits, local crafts (non-touristic), local dialects and stunning views.
Elevation is decent, but you’ll stay below 2500-3000 meters. San Cristobal de las Casas sits at about 2100 meters above sea level.
Where: Central Mexico
Distance: 245km / 152miles
Fuel availability: Good, don’t expect premium fuel. Fuel up before going into the mountains.
Road Conditions: Mostly paved. Stretches of hard pack/gravel about 2/3rds through.
Toll Roads: No
Government checkpoints: Yes
Unofficial roadblocks: No/Unknown
This PAID download includes the GPX route to follow on your GPS/Navigation app.
Paid downloads include a Point of Interest (POI) file which may include a few fuel stations, checkpoints, hotel, restaurants and potential road hazards like fog or unpaved segments. As well as a number of noteworthy attractions.
You may also like…
- The POI are not exhaustive and only includes places we visited and liked or found noteworthy. More/other locations/cautions may exist.
- Not sure if routes work for you? Try before you buy - Download the Mexico test route or Philippines test route here.
- It should be obvious that you are going on an adventure. Prepare accordingly! Consider your fuel range, tools, and self-sustainability before departure. Read more »
- Road conditions will vary. Safety on the road may change unannounced and unexpected.
- Need help with GPX files? Ask your question via the Contact form.