Available on iOS.
I like Mapout because of how simple it works. The map looks pretty good with their custom theme and the map loads and renders fast without getting in the way. That said, Mapout is not really a navigation app but it will show the route or track and where you are on it. This makes navigating a route a bit less convenient. But that works out fine if you like finding your way without having everything spelled out for you.
I don’t use this app when riding, but I use it all the time to find my way through town when walking. Often with a POI file loaded with common places.
We’ll assume you have a offline map ready to go. If you need help with this, contact the developers of MapOut.
Importing a GPX file into Mapout
1. In the phones ‘Files’ app navigate to the GPX file you want to import.
2. Long press the file you want to import and press ‘Share’ or ‘Open in’ from the popup menu.
3. Tap Mapout from the list of apps.
4. Once completed the app will show the imported track in the tour organizer screen.
5. Tap the back button in the top left to go to the map screen and see the route appear.
Reference; I use an iPhone with iOS15.